Below are the trailers for the videos. Full videos can be found on the Vimeo on demand service.https://vimeo.com/ondemand/viblabrelaxationserie
Trailer: VibLab Relax series
Trailer: Late August in the forest
Kayaking on a small pond
Trailer: Early morning canoeing on a river in June
Trailer: Kayaking on a rainy day
Trailer: Swampy autumn lake
Trailer: Trees, clouds and the sky
Trailer: March morning on the river
FAQ VibLab Relax series
- The idea of VibLab Relax series
- The idea of VibLab Relax series started to evolve in September 2019, while observing therapy situations. I noticed that sometimes it’s difficult for people to stop and be calm during vibroacoustic treatments. I started thinking about how I could get the client to focus on relaxing. The visual world seemed to work well with vibroacoustic vibration as visuals can be made interesting but at the same time relaxing. So, I wanted to go get pictures close to my own habitat. This idea was also strongly supported by the pandemic that struck in the spring, as people’s longing for nature seemed to get stronger. In the videos, I use widescreen close-ups and intentionally slow rhythm as I aim for serenity and an unhurried feeling.
- Resonant frequency breathing
- Resonant frequency breathing is a cardiorespiratory method that balances the autonomic nervous system, reduces stress, and strengthens emotion regulation. Studies have shown that the ideal respiratory rhythm is about 6 breaths per minute. In this case, the heart rate and the rhythm of breathing are in sync (ie. in good resonance), and support each other in the best possible way. This way of breathing activates the relation to each other in resonanceparasympathetic nervous system and the heart rate variability reaches its peak, creating a state of calm and rest in us. The importance of resonant frequency breathing as part of therapeutic work has recently been studied at the University of Jyväskylä. Olivier Brabant's dissertation on the subject was completed in 2018. Also, there will soon be results from a larger study of music therapy, in which the method has been studied as part of individual music therapy in the treatment of depression, will soon be promised. Apart from possible hyperventilation, there are no known risks. During an exercise, if you notice symptoms like dizziness, tremors or tingling/numbness in your hands, this might indicate hyperventilation. In this case, lighten your breathing and try to direct the inhales into your diaphragm instead the chest. Read more about Olivier Brabant dissertation.
- The importance of relaxation for the autonomic nervous system
- Several studies have shown that relaxation is an important part of our well-being. However, sometimes it’s quite challenging to stop. The sympathetic nervous system keeps us going, and momentary stress is an active state during which we get things done. But it’s also important to breathe for a while, so the parasympathetic nervous system is also activated. The VibLab Relax videos gently guide you to stop and take a break. In the videos, the images are moving or have internal movement. This slow motion constantly brings something new for the viewer, and gradually the viewer’s internal rhythm calms down into the world of images.
- Watching videos
- The VibLab Relax videos can be found on vimeo.com. You can watch the videos on any device that has a browser. I recommend a large screen or data projector, and the landscapes work well also with virtual glasses. From Vimeo, you can rent individual videos for 48 hours or acquire monthly viewing rights for all videos in the series. You can authenticate with an existing Google, Facebook, or Apple account, or you can create a separate Vimeo account. Payment can be made with Visa or paypal account.
- License to use videos
If you wish, you can use VibLab Relax-series videos, e.g therapy at work with your client. User ID sharing with a third party is prohibited.
VibLab Relax - private has been published for personal use only.
The videos are accessed through the Vimeo service. The videos cannot be saved, and copying videos by any means is prohibited. If you need to use a single video iin some other way, contact Pekka so we can negotiate.
- Video quality
The videos are 4k-quality, but scale according to the speed of the internet connection. We recommend the best possible connection so that the image quality remains clear and gives a better experience
- VibLab Relax- private
- VibLab Relax- private has been published for personal use.
- VibLab Relax -series
- This series is intended for professional use. For example, to support relaxation in therapy work.